Who doesn’t love ice cream and if you’ve never had homemade ice cream then you are in for a real treat. South End and the Atherton Market are bringing you the first South End Churn Off on Saturday, August 4th at the Atherton Market. Details to compete are below and we will have a few “test” runs where you can come out and learn about making homemade icecream and (more importantly) be a taste tester.
Official rules are below and you can download the application South End Churn Off Guidelines.
South End Ice Cream Churn-Off!
Saturday, August 4th at Atherton Market
Your Ice Cream Flavor:
Complete Ice Cream Recipe:
Competition is free and open to anyone!
• Entries must be received by email to Sarah Young at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wed, Aug 1st, 2012
• Late entries will not be eligible for prizes. The complete ice cream recipe must be included on entry form and emailed to Sarah Young or mailed to 200 S. Tryon St. Suite 1600, Charlotte NC 28202.
• Contestants must furnish ingredients, utensils, ice cream makers (manual or electric) and drop cords .
• Providing copies of your ice cream recipe is a bonus to distribute to Market visitors. You may bring display materials to help advertise your ice cream flavor .
• You MUST display ingredients in your recipe to visitors .
• Ice, rock salt, table, bowls, and spoons for tasting will be provided.
• All recipes must contain REAL dairy products. Eggs are NOT allowed.
• Ice cream mix must be made ahead and kept chilled until churn-off begins.
• Contestants will be required to taste their finished product before judging begins.
• Contestants must check in outside Atherton Market entrance, located at 2104 South Blvd, Charlotte, NC by 10:30AM on August 4th.
• Ice will be available by 11:00AM for contestants to begin churning ice cream.
• Judging will begin at 12:00PM. A first, second and third place winner will be determined by a panel of judges. $150 in monetary prizes will be awarded to winners.
• For more information email Sarah Young at email@example.com
(1 Awful – 10 Superior)
(1 Is this even ice cream – 10 oh so creamy)
(1 peaches don’t come from cans – 10 a little dirt never hurt anyone)
(1 nothing special – 10 I never thought vanilla could taste like this)