First off, there are a lot more wonderful neighborhoods in Charlotte than the Creative Loafing Poll allows you to vote for which is a shame. While we can’t change those constraints, I wanted to give you a quick 31 reasons to help sway you to vote for South End as “Charlotte’s Hood of the Year”.
2. Chuck at Common Market, he will brighten your day!
3. Fifteen years of Phat Burrito
4. The Patio at Common Market
5. The Chicken Pot Pies at Cluck n Cup!!
6. The convenience to walk, bike, take light rail or drive.
8. Three words: Food Truck Friday
9. A First Friday Gallery Crawl that actually has Galleries and was recently named Best Artsy Place to Take a Date in the 2013 BOB Awards. Elder Gallery, Ciel Gallery & Mosaic Studio, Lark & Key, Charlotte Art League, Hidell Brooks Gallery, Charlotte Artery, Dilworth Artisan Station.
10. Take out only, cash only Price’s Chicken Coop which even the Bare Naked Ladies sang about.
11. We have a lot of new construction but we haven’t torn down our history: Design Center of the Carolinas, Atherton Mill, Atherton Lofts, Tompkins Toolworks, The Lance Building, Historic First Station #2, The Fowler Building, The Leeper and Wyatt Store Building, The Trolley Museum and Dilworth Court.
12. Home of Charlotte’s Design District
13. Indoor, year round Atherton Farmer’s Market supporting local, producer only farmers and vendors.
15. Best Furniture District according to Charlotte Magazine with wonderful shops like Modern Fabrics, Post & Gray, The Furniture Connector, Interior Motives, South End Exchange, By Design, High Cotton Home Company, Southend Trading Company, Sofa Shack, Hawkins Street Design Center, Acquisitions
16. Bike Share!
17. Pike’s Old Fashion Soda Shop milkshakes…they bring all the boys to the yard.
18. At least twice a day the whole neighborhood smells like fresh baked honey buns.
19. Where else can you find a giant Pink Building.
20. Canine Cafe…cause they have Santa Paws each Christmas
21. The Design Center of the Carolina’s Water Tower
22. The South End Smoke Stack
24. Mr. K’s
25. Luna’s Living Kitchen, they make non raw food eating people love eating raw food.
27. Publix Grocery Store (coming soon)
30. Savory Spice Shop…who knew a store full of spices was so awesome…(they did!)
31. The South End Neighborhood Association…you guys make things happen….cool things like the Urban Totems (colorful zip-ties) along Camden and safe things happen like pedestrian refuges!
32. The New York Times referred to us a “Brooklynesque neighborhood”
33. We have amazing Twitter followers!
34. One of the coolest wine shops, Vin Master, in a converted cotton mill. Weigh yourself on the huge scale!
Cast your vote for South End by clicking here! Voting ends at midnight this Friday. You can vote once a day per device (computer, cell phone, etc) so vote as often as the Creative Loafing Poll will allow. You don’t have to enter any personal information like email or name so it literally takes 2 seconds! Let’s win this one!